As if to mirror the rise of opioid addiction, the rising number of drug rehabs for young adults has grown exponentially in the US. Moreover, drug rehabilitation centers that advertise to young adults in America now have a near-ubiquitous presence. However, like any rising industry, the residential treatment-market has become saturated with low-quality treatment facilities that are simply out to take advantage of supply and demand.
While there is undoubtedly a spike of "rehab" centers whose entire purpose is to make a quick buck off of American suffering, there are plenty of top-tier facilities that remain steadfast in their mission to serve young men and women in need of drug rehabilitation.
Unfortunately, in many cases, those searching for drug treatment for young adults can't differentiate between a legitimate drug treatment program from those who are simply out to exploit them.
Not to worry, Soulegria is here to help.
Below is an informational guide for those in need of narrowing their search in locating the most effective form of drug rehabilitative services (whether it be for themselves, their child, or a loved one).
In the following article, we briefly discuss:
- how parents and other family members can assist a young adult-addict after they reach out for help
- the numerous and varying kinds of rehabs at one's disposal
- the relevant questions to ask when inquiring about a possible rehab facility
- what to specifically look for in a top-tier facility in terms of functionality, assistance, and models of therapies they provide.
As with any life-changing effort, the first action of addiction recovery for any young adult also happens to be the most critical: admit to themselves and their loved ones that they have a severe issue that requires clinical, residential therapy.
That said, acknowledging said issues to oneself, let alone others is a brave and challenging choice that often only comes after suffering significant personal life setbacks.
This first step is crucial for any addicted young adult in need of immediate assistance for their addictions.
So, My Adult Child/Family Member/Close Friend Admits They have a Problem and Need help... Now What?
During this highly critical, albeit turbulent, phase in a young person's life, it's important for them to capitalize on it fully. It is now time to utilize the most out of their self-realization by seeking out professional help (aka, rehabilitative therapy).
However, before finding the most appropriate form of rehabilitative treatment, an addicted young adult first needs to surround themselves with a healthy support system that, aside from helping them find the most effective residential treatment program, will also be there for them emotionally - starting before their treatment begins and long after it has ended.
What Can a Parent or Loved One Do, Exactly?
More specifically, parents or loved ones of an addicted young adult need to reaffirm their child's decision to take the first step in admitting they have a problem.
As any addict in recovery will assure you: the journey to achieving and sustaining sobriety is difficult, albeit highly possible, but cannot be achieved alone.
Moreover, parents and other loved ones should assure a young addict that they have their family's full love and support - including assistance in finding a treatment center that is best suited to therapeutically address their mental, emotional, and all-around rehabilitative needs.
The Various Types of Rehabilitative Facilities for Young Men and Women
With unprecedented numbers of young adults affected by drug addiction, rehabilitative services are needed like never before.
Fortunately for the unprecedented number of addicted young adults and their families, there are hundreds of rehabilitation programs and several types of facilities to choose from.
Unfortunately, like any industry, the drug rehabilitation industry is saturated with businesses that are not effective as advertised and are out to make a quick buck off of a vulnerable nation.
Consequently, those seeking the most optimal and effective form of drug treatment for young adults would be wise to do their due diligence before selecting a treatment facility.
Like any type of treatment facility, drug treatment centers greatly vary in their size, function, and required duration of stay. When it comes to deciding which treatment option best suits a young person's rehabilitative needs, one should consider the severity and full extent of the young man or woman's abuse.
For example, while outpatient treatment can be useful on its own, it is highly recommended that those with debilitating and severe addiction issues be sent to an inpatient facility where they can receive around-the-clock, intensive, individualized, psychiatric drug-specific treatments from licensed clinicians and addiction specialists.
30, 60, and 90-day programs - While there are residential treatment facilities that require longer stays, most rehabs for young adults offer treatment programs lasting one to three months in duration - this includes detox, individual, and group therapies.
Aftercare Treatment Programs
Sober Living Homes - After completing treatment at a residential treatment or rehab facility, it is expected (and recommended) that young addicts in recovery enroll in what the industry terms 'sober living programs' before returning home.
As its classification suggests, these types of facilities simulate a home-like experience for addicts to stay in before transitioning back to their home-life.
Occasionally called halfway houses or group homes (some older facilities still go by these somewhat old monikers), Sober living homes are designed to prepare addicts in recovery for what sober living will be like once they return home.
In this simulated albeit realistic real-world environment - with the assistance of psychiatric, addiction, and behavioral specialists - recovering addicts will develop living skills that will make it easier to maintain their sobriety upon returning home.
What to Look for in an Inpatient Facility
When locating an inpatient facility for young men and women, it's crucial to seek out rehabs that provide their clientele with the following necessary treatments and specifications:
- Individualized treatment: Everyone is different. Therefore, treatment should be individualized to uniquely treat each client.
- Wide-ranging and clinically balanced therapies: Any prospective treatment program should provide a curriculum that addresses all kinds of issues: biological, social, environmental, and behavioral
- Specialized counseling: Like teens, the young adult brain functions and processes information differently compared to that of an older adult. That said, a young adult's treatment should be age-specific to treat young men or women of their age.
- Life/independent living skill development: Oftentimes, young adults are emotionally underdeveloped. This is largely thanks to their excessive drug usage and other problematic behaviors. Unfortunately, this often means that addicted young people are left with underdeveloped, independent living skills and, are, therefore, unprepared to live a fully functional, adult lifestyle. Consequently, it is usually beneficial for recovering young adults go to a program (rehab or aftercare) that provides additional, independent, and life-skill development strategies.
- Dynamic and varied types of experiential treatments: The majority of young people are experiential learners. Therefore, young men and women who need addiction rehabilitation are best served at a residential center that offers experiential therapies such as, physical fitness, animal, music, art therapies, and/or yoga, meditation, and other related activities that will cater to their proclivity to learn experientially.
- Environment surrounded by sober peers: Just how friendships with negative companions contribute to addictive behavior, positive-peer friendships can aid and rehabilitate said issues in addicted young people. That said, it is essential for increasing their chances of achieving sobriety that young men and women surround themselves with sober and positive living-affirming peers (from their age-group) with whom they can develop strong bonds that give them a support system when times are tough.
When Searching for a Rehabilitation Treatment Program, Be Thorough and Specific as Possible in Your Research!
Whether it be for yourself, a loved one, or a son or daughter whom you are seeking drug-related treatment, it is crucial to be thorough in your research before landing on any rehabilitation center in particular. Incidentally, people have various values, ideologies, and best teaching styles from which they can learn. It is essential to consider these factors when attempting to match a treatment program that would be most optimal for an individual's needs. For instance, a young man or woman would be best suited in a program that most closely resembles their beliefs and personal learning preference than they might at other top-tier facilities that don't fully facilitate their drug-related issues.
Don't Forget to Ask the Right Questions!
Whether personally or for a loved one, asking the right questions will help you locate the optimal treatment center.
This somewhat daunting task can be more simplified by narrowing your inquiries to any prospective treatment facilities followed by cross-referencing the answers with the specific needs of the individual:
- What types of therapeutic treatments do they render?
- Are they able to clinically treat the individual in question's particular mental health and addiction issues?
- What does their day-to-day living (activities, therapy sessions, recreation) look like?
- Do they accept any type of insurance, and if not, any kind of payment plan?
- Are there any actual testimonials from prior clientele or family members, credible pieces of documentation, statistics, or another proven mean by which they can establish their program's credibility?
- Do they provide any subsequent treatment, such as aftercare?
- Do they include the family of the individual in their therapeutic treatment?
- Are they clinically qualified to treat co-occurring mental health-related issues?
Soulegria is a Provenly Effective Treatment Program for Recovering Young Adults
Are you looking for a drug rehab program for a troubled young adult battling the inherent struggles associated with drug/alcohol addiction? Simply put, young adults who suffer from addiction require immediate and intensive intervention to regain their potential and overall quality of their lives. Additionally, while attending drug rehab programs, troubled young adults need to learn life skills and coping strategies. This extra focus will provide young adults with the tools to achieve long-term sobriety. Fortunately for addicted young men and women, Soulegria is a program that specializes in treating immature young adults who need developing life skills.
Soulegria Provides Well-Rounded Treatment for Families of Addicted Young Adults
We know how destructive and chaotic addiction is in everyone's lives in the life of a young addict. That said, Soulegria is here to not only help addicts but their families as well.
If your son or daughter is struggling with addiction, then the time to act is now. Please call the professionals of Soulegria for a free consultation at ~client#~.
Soulegria is a top aftercare program promoting sober living for young adults after they have completed drug rehab. Furthermore, our facility is designed to help struggling young adults commit to recovery and a life of sobriety. We provide a powerful, life-changing curriculum designed to help young men and women achieve and maintain sobriety. We teach young people the foundational actions, attitudes, and behaviors that lead to living well, and most importantly, living sober.